This is no doubt one of the most exciting, thus interesting topic as we often get asked by our customers on Why and What so we thought of putting together some of our thoughts.
Greens doesn’t sit well on every one’s tastebuds and therefore it’s important to know the real science behind it.
Let’s all agree that it’s in our head. If you shove green juice or smoothie in somebodies’ mouth, they are not going to puke over it. It’s just they don’t like the taste, texture and sometime smell of it.
In order to maintain a healthy body, we need to ensure we take care of our bodies. This includes a healthy diet, followed by an active lifestyle - as well as going for regular health check-up’s and taking care of any problems that arise before they become a problem.
One thing that many people often argue about is breakfast - while one group of individuals claim breakfast to be the most important meal of the day, other groups tend to argue against the fact and claim that breakfast may only contribute to an unhealthy weight.
The truth is, breakfast is an important part of life. It is the very first meal of the day and also the meal that is going to get you through the day - by supplying your body with nutrients that will support high energy levels and fight off any signs of fatigue.
Let’s take a step back and understand what really GREEN smoothie is. It is basically a liquid that is green in colour which is gained from all of the green fruits and raw leafy green vegetables that are added to this. As we know some of the fruits and vegetables carry immense amount of minerals and antioxidants and therefore introducing them in your daily diet is very crucial.
Some of the benefits of drinking GREEN smoothies are:
1. It increases consumption of fruits and vegetables which you often would eat if they are not blended.
2. It can assist in digestion and overall metabolic function
3. It helps to improve mental clarity and focus.
4. It is extremely rich in chlorophyll – which builds stronger immune system, purifies blood and rejuvenates body.
5. Improves mood and helps fight depression.
6. It promotes natural weight loss
7. Clearer, Brighter and younger skin
8. Most importantly, it hydrates.
9. It is power packed with nutrients.
At Recharge Superfoods, we have some of the amazing GREEN smoothie options:
• GREEN GOODNESS: (Kale, Spinach, Zucchini, Mint, Kiwi, Mango, Fig, Spirulina, Lemon)
• MATCHA MAGIC: (Pineapple, Mango, Banana, Spinach, Green Apple, Goji Berries, Date, Matcha)
In addition to above to we have sneakily added super leafy greens like Spinach in our other smoothies such as GINGER BERRY and PEANUT BUTTER POWER because we want our consumers to be energised and get benefits such as DETOX, IMMUNITY, DIGESTION & WEIGHT LOSS
Some Tips on blending your own GREEN SUPERFOODS SMOOTHIES:
• We recommend using frozen fruit for optimal texture and freshness. If you're using fresh fruit, add a handful of ice cubes.
• If you're just starting out, start with a small number of leafy greens (20% veg / 80% fruit) and gradually build up to the ideal ratio (60% / 40%). Start with leafy vegetables with a less pronounced taste like baby spinach before moving on to Kale.
• Don’t forget to add any SUPERFOODS powders for instant change in you.
• Use a sufficiently powerful blender (800W +). We recommend the Nutribullet 900W
• Do not consume it excessively. 2-3 times per week is a good starting point up to 1 per day maximum.