At RECHARGE SUPERFOODS, we source the ingredients from the local and best in the business to ensure our brand promise to you always does the justice and satisfaction towards our products and services remains always high.
A Myth – Frozen fruits and vegetables are unhealthy and less nutritious.
Major Benefits of Frozen Fruit:
- Freezing on the day of harvesting will have 50% more antioxidants.
- Some fruits frizzes right after harvesting will have 200% more Vitamin C.
- Peeled, chopped and ready to consume, whenever you need them
- They are mature, additive free and just as nutritious (if not more) than 'fresh' fruit at the supermarket.
- Seasonal fruits available throughout the year
- Once harvested, fruits and vegetables are washed, cut and freeze at the peak of their ripeness but not polished or waxed like what you see in the supermarket.
Fill. Blend. Enjoy
How it works?
Most agricultural companies use method called IQF (Individually Quick Freezing) and when the fruits or vegetables are ripped, most of them goes through a thorough process of blanching in boiling water to kill all harmful bacteria and to prevent loss of the flavour, colour and texture.
Once its assorted, blanched and batched, it goes on the area for IQF prior to getting packed into several shapes and sizes and rest all handled, stored and transported in (-18 degrees) fleets.
One of the primary benefits of going through this process is to ensure the nutrients are retained along with flavour, colour and texture.
On the other sides, most farmers pluck fruits and vegetables early and send them to the wholesaler and to big supermarkets where ripping process takes places during the transit and storage and have gone through various conditions of sitting at different temperatures, getting transport in open vehicles full of dust and moisture and all of this results in loss of their nutrients.
Frozen fruits and vegetables are therefore a great alternative to fresh ones out there in most cases.
In our FAQs we have answered a lot of questions regarding the quality and the process we follow at RECHARGE SUPERFOODS to ensure you get the best quality and in the best form i.e., Frozen from our freezers to yours.